Product & Engineering – Boston, MA, US
Polis is a rapidly growing start-up that makes it easier for organizations to spread their message door-to-door. By leveraging cutting edge technology through deep data analysis and providing a crisp user experience, Polis delivers a targeted solution 10x more effective than traditional canvassing. We have already knocked over 10 million doors, collecting 120 million household records and we're just getting started! Our solutions have been used on two presidential campaigns and by corporate leaders in solar, home security, and a range of other industries.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our fast growing team and turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients. In this role you will be among the first members of the design team and you will help shape how the team operates and grows.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Come be part of our success story!
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven 2-5 years work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
What's in it for you…
- Generous equity offering
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to professional networking resources
- All of the Skittles you could possibly eat
- Learn new technologies, and contribute to open source projects
- Significantly impact the design of an early-stage product